Friday, February 11, 2011

off the bench!

I once heard about a book called "My Mom Hates me in January." I thought, that's funny, I wonder why anyone would write a book like that. Then, I became a mom. :) January was a long month, and February is feeling long, too. It's not that Elise is naughty or anything, it's just that we're kinda stuck. Stuck inside. All. The. Time.


So, we think up fun things to do on these very very cold winter days. A favorite for both Elise and me is a trip to the Grandville mall. I get to sneak in a few minutes of shopping, and Elise gets to play at the tree and ride the carousel. Talk about fun!


The carousel is by far the highlight of a trip to the mall. Until today, though, Elise always picked to sit on the bench seat of the carousel. While I felt like a complete dork sitting on a bench while the cats, frogs, and horses paraded up and down around us, I just figured if Elise thought that was fun, so be it. Then, my two-year old totally surprised me today and chose to ride on one of the biggest horse on the carousel. She totally loved it and sang "up and down" the whole time. The horse is way way more fun than that bench. We actually rode twice. I don't miss that boring bench one bit, and I'm hoping she doesn't either. There's still quite a bit of winter to go.



We even got to share our fun day with some of our favorite friends, Aunt Angela and cousins Charlotte and Isaac.

No comments:

Post a Comment