Tuesday, December 14, 2010

opening doors

Elise learned a new very valuable skill: opening doors. She can now get into every closet and into every room. It's crazy that I used to be able to contain her by just closing a door. So not the case anymore. After a full day yesterday of closing closet doors, picking up things strewn around each and every bedroom, and trying to keep Elise inside on a very cold day, I was sick of Elise's new trick.

Then tonight happened. I had to stay at work a little late, so I pulled into the garage around 7 o'clock. My heart skipped a beat as my barefoot little bundle of sweet joy opened the door and ran to my car door shouting "mommy! mommy!" The simple art of Elise being able to open the door to greet me made my whole day.

Love her. Love her. Love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment