Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Highlights

We had a great Christmas with lots and lots of family time. Elise understood way more this year, and she even knew that all the presents, trees, lights, stockings is because of baby Jesus. We talked about him every day, and my prayer is that she always knows that the baby Jesus is the center of not only Christmas, but of our whole lives.

Here are the highlights of our week...

Following tradition, we celebrated together, just our little family, on December 23rd


We gave Elise a baby be blessed doll. She's warming up to her slowly,
but I hope that baby Grace will soon be a favorite.
Grace came with Elise's name on her belly and the verse I picked out for her: 2 Timothy 1:7

The Bush family continued our homemade gifts tradition this year, and it was as fun as ever!

I made my dad MSU pj pants and a black leather braided belt
Jess made me 12 jars of delicious canned peaches and salsa. Soooo good.
Paul made Abby this gorgeous mirror. The brown edge is all wine corks. Very very cool.
Abby made Bryan homemade salsa, spicy just like Bryan likes it.
Bryan made Paul a remote control airplane. Lots & lots of work,
one crashed plane, and this one yet to be flown.
They're both excited to fly it sometime soon.
Mike made mom this really beautiful wood cutting board. I think it's walnut and maple.....
My mom made yet another one of her amazing quilts for Jess.
This one is for the boat, and it even has the boat name, "off the Hoek" stitched onto it.
My dad took a bowl-making class and made this wooden bowl for Mike. It's really really amazing how it was made: lots of little pieces of wood glued together and then shaped on a lathe.
The Linns continued one of my most favorite traditions: Christmas Caroling on Christmas eve:

We caroled in Jon & Angela's neighborhood, and their neighbors were really friendly and enjoyed it. We all met at our house in Christmas for a full day of delicious food, presents, games, laughing, and celebrating. It was a great day to be all together. I didn't take many pictures, probably because I was too busy enjoying all the fun!
Now for New Years.........





















1 comment:

  1. LOVE all the pictures Julie! What a fun weekend it was!! Just an FYI ... the boat's name is "off the Hoek" ... while "ungrounded" is around somewhere (Ohio I think) the blanket will NOT be on it because I'll be on "off the Hoek" :)

    ReplyDelete