Thursday, March 22, 2012

shorter days

I know, I know, as we approach springtime, the days are really getting longer. But, on my stay-at-home mom days, the days are so much SHORTER.

All of a sudden, it's difficult to get my girls lunch before naps at two. All of a sudden it's late afternoon and Bryan is calling to tell me that he's heading home in the next few minutes, and I haven't even started dinner. The laundry is piling up. The kitchen floor is a dirty mess. Our bathrooms are entirely embarrassing. There are just better things to do!

There are swings to ride. Walks to take to the park. Cozy Coups to push. Driveways to color with chalk. Window boxes to clean out. Bubbles to blow into the warm breeze......such fun WARM weather things to fill our days.

Welcome, warm days. Thank you for making a day at home fly by, leaving us dirty, content, and exhausted from a day FULL of outside fun.

I'm so excited for the real summer months to arrive. This unexpected weather has brought thoughts of beach days, splash pads, sundresses, swimming pools, camping, sprinklers, garden tomatoes, dinner from the grill, captain sundae.......YAY! Welcome spring. Hurry up, summer.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed! We've been loving our time outside too....and are VERY ready for summer. :)

    ReplyDelete