Friday, July 8, 2011

While We Wait

Baby Linn was due on Tuesday, July 5Th. Three days ago. Now we're looking into another weekend, free of any plans, and trying to come up with fun things to do to pass the time while we wait for our baby girl to arrive. And, yes, I've heard all the tricks to starting labor, and NONE of them work. (for me anyway) And so we wait.

We've had a great time keeping busy this week. The fourth of July started with breakfast at the beach with my dad's side of the family, and then Bryan, Elise, & I stayed for the afternoon and took full advantage of the gorgeous weather. What a perfect 4Th! Tuesday was a concert at Lawrence Street Park in Zeeland, where Elise braved the big amphitheater steps and sat with the other kids (w/o mom & dad!!) on a blanket near the musician. In my very pregnant state, that made me a little emotional. When did she get so big?!? Last night brought dinner downtown and the street performers with a few friends. Elise even got to run in the splash pad right before heading home. Tonight may just be errands for a few last-minute things and dinner at home.

So, we're staying busy and yet very very anxious to meet this little girl. I know everything about my little family will change the moment this child enters our lives. And, I love thinking about our new family of four and how we'll be. I love knowing that Elise will have a sister, and what a blessing that will be to them both. But, I'm also soaking up all this special time, just the three of us, before all that change arrives. Somehow it's a little sad to think life will never be this way again. Elise will share us for the rest of her life. We won't love her any less, but it may feel like it sometimes, at least to her, at least in the beginning. The thought of all that adjustment for her makes me quite nervous about the next couple days and weeks.

So, while we wait for baby Linn, I am enjoying my time with Elise. I'm easier to persuade into one more story at bedtime or an unexpected stop at the car wash for popcorn. She gets extra hugs and kisses, and lots and lots of time talking about how much mommy loves her and always will. We talk about the baby and how she'll need lots and lots of love and attention from us. She's excited about the baby too. So, so, excited. And as much talking as we've done, I can't imagine a child more prepared for what's to come. And, yet, she has absolutely no clue! The plan will be lots of love, lots of patience, and lots of prayer for understanding as we all adjust to this big change.

Hopefully my next post has our exciting news and pictures of the newest member of our family! I'll keep you posted. Until then, the waiting continues..........

1 comment:

  1. Well, why you wait don't forget to pack your hospital bags (not speaking from experience or anything *cough*) and you're welcome to stop over and sit by our bonfire tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete