Tuesday, September 7, 2010

balance is everything

What makes a good day? To me, it's all about balance.

It's getting the fulfillment of working hard all day and still getting to push Elise on the swing while she tells me about her great time at Miss Lauri's. (We love Miss Lauri!)

Balance is waking up early, but feeling rested and getting to relax in the evening as the dishwasher cleans up our dinner mess.

It's getting the mail and receiving our property tax bill but also the awesome jeans from my recent eBay purchase.

Balance is having great friends at work to laugh with and a surgery schedule to manage with interesting surgeries & unexpected challenges.

It's sandy toes in my bathroom at bedtime along with bible stories and prayers thanking God for mommy, daddy, grandmas, and grandpas....and Indy.

A great day is all of those things, and then tomorrow it will be none of them but a dozen different blessings that make tomorrow wonderful all by itself.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post, Julie. I thought of you yesterday as we drove near the old place! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete