Tuesday, May 25, 2010

8 days left.....

For my 30th birthday, Bryan, Abby, and Jessica planned a "30 days of blessing" count down to my birthday on June 2nd. Each day, a friend or family member plans to do something thoughtful for me as the blessing of that day. For example, yesterday my dad took me out to lunch and then sent me shopping for the afternoon while he watched Elise. Today, my coworker, Rachel, planned an ice cream sundae bar for all my surgery coworkers at the hospital. Salsa, flowers, a cinco de mayo party, gift cards, a step ladder, wine, Q'doba, books, lawn mowing, planted herbs, sangria, pj's, homemade meals, babysitting..... It goes on and on and on. Amazing, right? Needless to say, the last 22 days have been so fun. And I still have 8 days left!

At first, when Abby, Jessica, and Bryan told me about this surprise, I was skeptical that they could even find 30 people willing to do it. I actually asked Bryan if my friends were each taking 3 or 4 days. :) To my delight, it turns out that I do have 30 people who like me enough to participate.

After 22 days, blessed is exactly what I feel. Overwhelmingly blessed. It's not so much about the awesome gifts and thoughtful acts as much as a great joy in the wonderful people God has placed in my life. Somehow, even confident, social me doubts that anybody really likes me. We all have that, at one time or another, right? Well, going into my 30th year, I am blessed beyond measure with lots and lots of good friends and family that bless me way beyond what I deserve. And in that light, 30 doesn't sound so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment