Sunday, February 1, 2009

Fireproof

So, Bryan and I finally watched Fireproof. What a fantastic film! I can't believe that a church community is capable of creating and producing such a life-changing movie. I guess it just shows that when God is in charge, all things are possible.

At the beginning of the movie, Bryan and I were kind of making fun of some of the acting. (not Kirk Cameron, I love him and may or may not have had a bigger than life-size poster of him in my bedroom as a middleschooler) As the movie progressed, though, we forgot all about the poor acting and really took in all that the story was telling us. We both agree that we have a great marriage, and although since having Elise we're more than just a tick distracted, we're far from any marital crisis. Even so, I can sense that each of us has a renewed excitement in our marriage. Isn't it amazing that a two-hour movie can bring about something like that? I think that the best message that I took away from the movie was the idea that you love your spouse with your actions whether they deserve it or not, whether they're reciprocating or not. This isn't anything new for me and Bryan, but it's good to be reminded and to remember how easily our attitude can transform our marriage.

3 comments:

  1. Yay I can't wait to see the movie on the 15th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you liked it. I am also really excited to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that movie was SO GOOD too! We heard lot's of "love you's" and kisses after the movie, a little bit of sniffles too. Happy tears, it was cute to hear that from all the couples there. I like your blog and I can't believe how much Elise has grown!

    ReplyDelete