Monday, September 28, 2009

Signing Success

I have been signing with Elise since about 6 months. I think that she recognized the signs, but, until last week she didn't sign them herself. Her first sign was "all done," which she'll sign as soon as she sits in her chair, so I don't think she really gets it, but it's a start. Today I taught her "please," and she has been doing it all day. Again, not sure she really understands, but the fact that she's excited to communicate and she's learning is a success in my book. Here she is at her afternoon snack signing "please":


3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT LOVE IT! What a doll! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I've been working with our boys too. They seem to be watching my hands and giggling, so hopefully sooner than later something will "click"

    ReplyDelete